Iowa high school students graduating this spring who plan to enroll as first-year students this fall at the University of Iowa could be eligible for a scholarship that can cover up to the full cost of attendance minus any other gift aid for up to four years.
Applications are open for the Bright Scholars of Iowa Award (word document). The deadline to apply is March 1st. To be considered for the award, students must:
- Currently be a senior attending an Iowa high school
- Be in the top 10% of their graduating class OR have a Regent Admission Index score of 299 or higher OR have an ACT score of 28 or higher
- Demonstrate a commitment to learning and community service, as well as have achieved success in the face of adversity
- Qualify for a Federal Pell Grant as determined by filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Maintain continuous full-time enrollment at the University of Iowa with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
Ten UI students will be selected to receive the Bright Scholars of Iowa Award. Preference in the selection of award recipients is given to students whose parents have not graduated from an accredited four-year college or university.
Students should return the completed application to the University of Iowa Office of Student Financial Aid (208 Calvin Hall, Iowa City, IA 52242).