College Credit Earned While in High School

Many first-year Hawkeyes get an early start on college by taking college courses in high school and then wish to apply those credits to their University of Iowa degree.

The University of Iowa does accept transfer credits for students who take college courses in high school, as well as credit earned through several exams offered by Advanced Placement Program (AP), College-Level Examination Program (CLEP), International Baccalaureate Program (IB), and Cambridge International Examinations (CIE).

We recommend that your student visit our transfer equivalency guide to determine how college courses taken in high school will transfer to Iowa. Our website also has a number of tips for students planning to transfer in credit, including transfer plans and sample 4-Year Plans for every University of Iowa major.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.