The University of Iowa College of Education Teacher Education Program (TEP) has updated GPA recommendations to maintain consistency with other public institutions in the state of Iowa.
Students applying to the TEP will now be recommended to have a cumulative grade-point average of 2.50 or above for undergraduate admission. Previously the college had recommended transfer students have at least a 3.00 GPA to apply for the TEP. These updates will provide expanded access to current and future UI students interested in studying at one of the top education programs in the Midwest.
In addition to the 2.50 GPA recommended for admission, students must also:
- Be admitted to the University of Iowa
- Complete a minimum of 30 semester hours of earned college credit
- Meet Praxis Core test score requirements
- Complete 10 hours of Pre-Admission School Field Experience
- Submit an essay, resume, and two letters of recommendation
To view complete requirements, please see the College of Education website.